It is time for a new guest blog post. The author is again my ex-colleague – Kristina Bankova, who is a Quality Assurance Engineer. She prepared a full tutorial for how to create subscriptions for reports in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
How to Create a Subscription
1. Navigate to http://YourServerName/Reports/Pages/Folder.aspx
2. Click at Report Name
3. Navigate to Subscriptions and click New Subscription.
4. Configure the email, the schedule and the subject for your subscription.
You could have different schedules in your reports – either a custom one for the subscription or a shared one.
How to See and Manage Your Subscriptions
You can see, edit and delete your subscriptions.
From My Subscriptions, you could see all your subscriptions for all reports.
How to Create a Shared Schedule
1. Navigate to Site Settings
2. Navigate to Schedules and click at New Schedule
How to Setup the SSRS SMTP Server
1. Create a remote connection to the server machine (The one with the installed SSRS).
2. Open the Report Services Configuration Manager.
3. Configure the email settings
On the following address, you can find Kristina Bankova’s first guest blog article about how to set up Test Cases Statistics with SSRS and TFS Data Warehouse.